My Experience With Mental Health

 


I have been in 3 different support groups lately where we meet up and just talk. I am part of Nami , A Bay Area Voice Group and a Facebook Group. I have learned alot from others peoples stories. Some peoples Stories are very interesting actually. People have spend hours on end or months just talking with their voices so much it seems to absorb them completly and make them sick. I personally never let my voices take me in if I hear them I try my best to ignore and distract myself because then I will become them and they will become a part of me which isnt always good because they are very negative. Mine happen Externally meaning outside of my head.

People have alot of experiences with voices some of them been hearing for 20 years or to even 40. People have lots of experiences. Its hard when it comes to  the voices being mean because they can cause me to have episodes. Luckily I was not near any cops because People with mental disabilties are more than 15 times more likely to be killed by police. Michael My uncle always worries about me going into the street.

At night is where the voices do there most damage it seems. Thats why I try to medicate myself before that happens to me. I take Seroquel which is good for sleep, And I take Risperdal which is good for the voices. 

I am also part of Mental Health in Berkeley and have a doctor who helps me and a great case manager who tells me about places I can call and work with who also talks with me alot in hopes to help me which they have been great help they are like a mentor. I would say if you ever need help I would always suggest finding others to talk to, Especially others like you who understand. 

I wont tell anyone's business but One thing the group everyone mentioned or I mentioned was that they could not tell regular people about their voices people would not understand or they would be tired of hearing it in confusion since they simply dont experience it its hard for people to understand it. But in the groups we all experience similar things so we can understand each other and speak our mind making it alot easier to deal with our voices and life experiences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the Day Was and How I began to Hear the Nieghbors Voices

Seeing Doubles New World & Family Life Story About Capgras Delusion

My Experiences Today with My Voices Becoming Realer and How They Seem To Me